What is Backup Care?
The Backup Care Program provided through LifeCare connects eligible* employees to local, reliable and prescreened care providers who are available—even at the last minute—to look after your loved ones. You’ll have access to:
- A network of licensed accredited child care centers, or a professional caregiver to care for your child in your home
- A network of credentialed in-home care providers who can care for older adults
- Expert guidance to help you understand your options and prepare your children and older adults for their temporary change in care
How does it work?
- You can schedule in a pinch or up to 30 days in advance. Avoid scrambling for help when you find yourself in need due to illness, weather, last minute cancellations, school holidays or any other circumstances.
- Copays are typically $5 for a half day (four hours or less) and $10 for a full day (four hours or more), and are collected when care is secured.**
- The first time you call, a specialist will detail how the program works and coordinate any pre-care documentation.
- Once you’re registered, they will work with you every step of the way, from scheduling care with a provider in your area and relaying relevant information about your dependent (favorite activities, special needs, etc.), to confirming your placement and following up as needed to ensure your needs were met.
- Each employee is allowed 15 days of care, per dependent, per year.
How do I schedule Backup Care?
- Call LifeCare at 1-866-574-7229. Representatives are available 24/7, and assistance in multiple languages is available. Be sure to have your Personnel Number (PERNR) handy when you call.
- Log in to LifeCare at lifecare.com/disney. Not registered? Click “Start Now” and enter the registration code: Disney, or your work email address. Your Member ID is your Personnel Number (PERNR).
Backup Care is just one of the resources available to help you balance your professional responsibilities with your personal commitments.
FIND OUT MORE about how LifeCare can support you—especially with the care of your loved ones.
Note: The Backup Care Program is not a substitute for summer care or care during non-working hours.
* Backup Care is available to U.S.-based regular full-time and part-time employees and U.S.-based project/supplemental full-time and part-time employees. Eligibility may depend on job status, location and terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreement.
** Additional copays may apply in some circumstances, such as for skilled nursing care.