Through LifeCare’s Backup Care Program, Disney connects you to reliable care providers who are available—even at the last minute—to look after your loved one(s) if you find yourself in need of child or elder care.
And now through the end of 2020, you can get reimbursed for backup care provided by a “personal caregiver,” such as a babysitter, friend or even family member. Either way you can gain the peace of mind that comes with quality care you can count on.
What is Backup Care Connection?
- WORRY-FREE: No more scrambling for help when you suddenly find yourself in need of backup care due to illness, the weather, last-minute cancellations, or any other circumstance.
- FLEXIBLE: You choose the care provider that’s right for your needs—options range from center or facility-based care to in-home providers and even your own personal caregiver such as babysitter, friend or family member.
- AFFORDABLE: You pay only $5 per half day and $10 per full day and are entitled to up to 15 days of backup care for each of your dependents every year.
- CONVENIENT: You can schedule ahead of time or in a pinch.
Life can be hard. Getting help is easy.
- Call LifeCare at 1-866-574-7229. Assistance available in multiple languages. TDD/TTY: 1-800-873-1322. Be sure to have your Personnel Number (PERNR) handy when you call.
- Log in at lifecare.com/disney. Not registered? Click “Start Now” and enter the registration code: Disney, or your work email address. Your Member ID is your PERNR. You can also access internally via D Life | My Benefits.
Have a Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account?
If your care needs have changed, you now have the ability to stop, modify or increase your contributions to your account by calling the Disney Benefits Center at 1-800-354-3970.
Eligibility: Backup Care is available to US-based Regular Full-Time and Part-Time employees and US-based Project/Supplemental Full-Time and Part-Time employees. Eligibility may depend on job status, location and terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreement.